cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
willianmsantos
Frequent Visitor

Postgresql: Exception while reading from stream

Hello Dear Community!

Has anyone ever got this message while trying to connect to a Postgre DB? What was the workaround? 

Thanks in advance!

Will

Capturar.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Community!

That was definelty some firewalls dropping packages between the server I have the client installed and the database. I asked firewall team to open the route between source and destination and It worked properly.

Thanks for your insights!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DanielDRR
Helper I
Helper I

This error may happen when connection string is lacking port number. Try using server:port in connection string to Postgres database.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @willianmsantos,

I'd like to suggest you setting the 'Timeout' parameters and try again, it may fix the issue.

Reference link:

PostgreSQL.Database

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hello Community!

That was definelty some firewalls dropping packages between the server I have the client installed and the database. I asked firewall team to open the route between source and destination and It worked properly.

Thanks for your insights!

View solution in original post

Jake_Roesler
Frequent Visitor

Bad news. This may well be the first of many errors you'll get trying to connect to a Postgresql data source. 

I've been banging my head against a Certificate error for a week. 

That's sad, I've spent most of day yesterday struggling over this issue. I hope to get back with some good news. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

July 2021 Update 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the July 2021 Updates

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors