cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
willianmsantos
Frequent Visitor

Postgresql: Exception while reading from stream

Hello Dear Community!

Has anyone ever got this message while trying to connect to a Postgre DB? What was the workaround? 

Thanks in advance!

Will

Capturar.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Community!

That was definelty some firewalls dropping packages between the server I have the client installed and the database. I asked firewall team to open the route between source and destination and It worked properly.

Thanks for your insights!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DanielDRR
Helper I
Helper I

This error may happen when connection string is lacking port number. Try using server:port in connection string to Postgres database.

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @willianmsantos,

I'd like to suggest you setting the 'Timeout' parameters and try again, it may fix the issue.

Reference link:

PostgreSQL.Database

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hello Community!

That was definelty some firewalls dropping packages between the server I have the client installed and the database. I asked firewall team to open the route between source and destination and It worked properly.

Thanks for your insights!

View solution in original post

Jake_Roesler
Frequent Visitor

Bad news. This may well be the first of many errors you'll get trying to connect to a Postgresql data source. 

I've been banging my head against a Certificate error for a week. 

That's sad, I've spent most of day yesterday struggling over this issue. I hope to get back with some good news. 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors