Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

acanepa
Resolver I
Resolver I

Postgres: EnableFolding

Postgres connector added native queries since the September release for PowerBI Desktop.

Before the update, the M language was like this

PostgreSQL.Database("server", "db", [Query="query"])

After the update the syntax change to this:

Value.NativeQuery(PostgreSQL.Database("server", "db"), "query", null, [EnableFolding=true])

This applies each time you create or modify a query. The funny thing is that the old code for Postgres still works as before.  

The issues relies that if you publish your workbook with the latter syntax, the report will not update. So, the syntax would have to be changed to:

Value.NativeQuery(PostgreSQL.Database("server", "db"), "query", null)

This is a real pain because you can modify queries forgetting completely that the last part was added – [EnableFolding=true]. So, you need to spend the next 30 minutes into fixing the query to the dashboard work again.

An idea has been raised but I don't trust they would take it seriously

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/38626369-query-folding-enable-dis...

The problem is the Microsoft team create this feature without thinking in the Postgres users that don't use Native Queries as my self. This means that the feature is has been converted into a pain, and the request from my side and other people is to fix the problem that originally Microsoft team has already generated by themselves. I tried to raised the issue yesterday with Amanda, but they didn't get the question through, thinking it was a "new feature".

Similar issue raised in Stackoverflow

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/57927599/powerbi-enablefolding

3 REPLIES 3
Bikougna
Frequent Visitor

The issue is still there...

jpd99
Frequent Visitor

Has this been fixed yet?

jpd99
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue. Very annoying

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.