Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jaykilleen
Advocate II
Advocate II

PostgreSQL join on SQL Server returns "cannot convert the value "[Table]" to type Table."

I have two tables:

1 - User (pulled from a PostgreSQL database on a rails server)

2 - Sales (pulled from a SQL Server database on Azure)

Both tables work ok by themselves and ok if they merge on other tables from the same database. If I try and Merge the User with Sales though I get the:

"Expression.Error: We cannot convert the value "[Table]" to type Table."

These queries all worked for the last 9 months until recently when I setup the PostgreSQL database and swapped out some queries like 'Rep' to pull from Postgres.

Are there any known issues when merging from a Postrges table to any other service provider? The error also occurs if I try and merge to a Salesforce.com table.

2 REPLIES 2
jaykilleen
Advocate II
Advocate II

I've rebuilt my queries in the latest PowerBI for Desktop and there are no issues. This leads me to believe this is a bug in the version of Power Query in Excel 2016.

Hi @jaykilleen,

Glad to hear that you have resolved the problem by yourself. The new release of Power BI desktop will give an update or fix on some issues existing in old version. So, sometimes, updating the desktop version could be an easy option to solve problems.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.