Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Georger2323
Helper I
Helper I

PostgreSQL direct query, now available?

It seems like after writting this thread, Power BI has added the PostgreSQL data source to that list of the supported data sources for direct query.

Does that mean that I need to create a custom connector via visual studio or no?

Is there any tutorial that explains how to connect to my Postgres data source via ODBC for direct query?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Postgresql Direct connect require SSL connection .

1. Install latest version npgsql

2. Download Verify full SSL certificate and covert it into PKCS#7, use some SSL converter if needed. I struggle because of the format issue it keeps on giving the error. Just check while installing a certificate in which format is needed.

3. Install it on windows

You might need to restart.

@amitchandak I would appreciate it if you could include a few more details on your instructions.

I lost you after step 1. After I install that npgsql what do I do with it? 

On your 2nd step, where do I download that? I am here https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/libpq-ssl.html but I don't know if I'm on the correct site and I don't know what to download at all, sorry.

After I complete the steps, what do I do?

Thank you. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.