Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Possible to group columns with main header?

Is it possible to create a group of columns that are together, or do i need to make a custom box on top of the grouped columns and is not linked to the table?

Here below is a visual of what i am trying to convey. The question is if these top columns can be created somehow? and if so, how to do it?

cap1.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous 

You may transform your data table like below and then use Matrix visual to get it.

1.png

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous 

You may transform your data table like below and then use Matrix visual to get it.

1.png

Regards,

Cherie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-cherch-msft ,

I would like to accept your reply as solution, however i forgot to mention in my real life example (not the sample data).

I have this table:

cap5.JPG

Each column in this table is based on a calculated measure that combine multiple columns in the data model. Therefore, i am not able to create a conditional column that can distinguish between data used for KPI 1 and KPI 2. 

Is it possible to do this grouping of columns based on measures rather than columns?

So i can group all KPI's together at the top for easier visual consumption.

sorry for not being specific enough with first example.

Hi @Anonymous 

It's impossible to group them based on measures because measures are dynamic and they cannot be used in matrix columns.

Regards,

Cherie

Hi v-cherch-msft

By chance, after 4 year, is it possible to create a share header for 2 or more columns created by measures?

Best Regards

Yes, but it's pain. I'm doing this from memory, so I may get some details wrong, but you should be able to figure it out.

Go to Enter Data and enter the table:

HeaderHeader SortByMeasure NameMeasure Name SortBy
Sales1Product A1
Sales1Product B2
Sales1Product C3
Customer By Importance2high4
Customer By Importance2low5

The create a matrix visual where you have Header and Measure Name both in the Column field, and Country in the rows (if I recall correctly). 

Then create a measure for the visual

= SWITCH( SELECTEDVALUE(Measure Name),

"Product A", [Product A], 

"Product B", [Product B], 

"Product C", [Product C], 

"High", [High], 

"Low", [Low])

and drag that measure into the values.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.