Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sublog
Helper III
Helper III

Possible to add inside or outside tick marks to x or y axis?

Trying to simulate the Format Axis -> Axis Options -> Tick Marks from Excel. I have many charts side by side and it's hard to tell where one begins and ends without using borders. I personally like the way they look with no grid and with the tick marks. 

Any way to display like this? 

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @sublog ,

It's not possible to customize the border with thickens of line, only the upper or dow part.

You can add some small lines behing the charts in the place where the markers show (mannualy creating the effect), would be an additonals elements but can work. other option is to create a an image with that type of borders and place it as a background.

Check the https://powerbi.tips/layouts/ that as some cool backgrounds and explains the process. This is from one of the super users of the community @Seth_C_Bauer .

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @sublog ,

It's not possible to customize the border with thickens of line, only the upper or dow part.

You can add some small lines behing the charts in the place where the markers show (mannualy creating the effect), would be an additonals elements but can work. other option is to create a an image with that type of borders and place it as a background.

Check the https://powerbi.tips/layouts/ that as some cool backgrounds and explains the process. This is from one of the super users of the community @Seth_C_Bauer .

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.