Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ski900
Helper II
Helper II

Possible issue with Slim Data Bar KPI Visual - Color is only black when value equals target amount

When my KPI value equals the exact target value the fill color for the bar stays black no matter what I select. I have created a test dashboard to show what I am talking about and uploaded it to Dropbox (link below). Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks!

Test dashboard download link (Dropbox)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Ski900,

I found the git repo for this custom visual and the creator of this visual has fixed this bug. For some reason, the visual has not been updated in the app store but you can pull his repo and package the visual with the "guid" field in the pbiviz.json file modifed to something unique. If you do this and then install that visual in Power BI, you will find that this is not an issue anymore.

In case your environment does not have the Power BI Developer Tools installed, which you need to pacakge the visual, you can follow the instructions here and once the environment is set up, jump straight to the packaging step.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Sid

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Pasha
Regular Visitor

HI All, does anyone have the latest then version of this pbiviz file that can change the black default color when the value is the same as the target? 

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ski900

As tested, under the Colors – Indicators section you can modify the colors used on each indicator under different circumstances.

2.png

However, whatever the color in "Equal to" is selected, when "Metric value" equal to "Target value", the bar always show black. I don't know it is by design or a bug, i am discussing with senior engineer.

Best regrads

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, do you have an update for this bug? Thank you.

Thank you very much for your help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Ski900,

I found the git repo for this custom visual and the creator of this visual has fixed this bug. For some reason, the visual has not been updated in the app store but you can pull his repo and package the visual with the "guid" field in the pbiviz.json file modifed to something unique. If you do this and then install that visual in Power BI, you will find that this is not an issue anymore.

In case your environment does not have the Power BI Developer Tools installed, which you need to pacakge the visual, you can follow the instructions here and once the environment is set up, jump straight to the packaging step.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Sid

Anonymous
Not applicable

It did not work for me, I am still getting the black bars when the value equals the target.

Any suggestion? 

Thanks a lot

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi druzado,

How far in the process that I outlined earlier have you gotten? Were you able to pull the repo and package the visual and install it manually in PowerBI?

It is extremely important to modify the "guid" field in the pbiviz.json file before you package it. Else PowerBI will just use the version that is available in the store which is the old version with the error.

Let me know,

Sid

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I forgot to change the guid field, I thought that by importing it from a file it was enough. Now it works, thanks a lot for your help!!!!

Thank you very much for this! I really appreciate the help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My temporary workaround to this was to set my target value at a slightly lower level. My target value was originally 1 but I set it to 0.999999 and I set the "Greater than" colour to the colour of my choice and it seems to get the job done. Hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.