Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nicstt
Helper I
Helper I

Possible Bug when entering OData credentials.

When loading in data, OData, the OData feed dialogue appears.

I select Basic, enter the credentials, and after a few seconds (usually around that) the login fails.

login 1.jpg

It switches back to the Anonymous option.

login 2.jpg

I have checked the credentials multiple times (including the OData link) to make sure they are correct, even pasting them elsewhere to compare.

Plus, if they are wrong, it is normal  to get the following: clearly showing an issue with the credentials

login 3.jpg

Cancelling out of the login, and clicking on the Refresh Now and Apply Changes options sometimes resolves it, but more often, the credentials have to be editted, usually just by re-adding the password.

Is anyone aware of a bug in Power BI Desktip at the moment?

5 REPLIES 5
nicstt
Helper I
Helper I

Just an update on the above.

I downgraded to April's Desktop release, which worked fine.

(https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/fundamentals/desktop-latest-update-archive?tabs=powerbi-de...

Then tried updating to latest build: 2.106.883.0 64-bit (June 2022)

I had the same issue.

Hi @nicstt ,

Are there others who are experiencing the same problems as you? Do you still have the same problem if you use the latest version of Power BI Desktop recently?

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your response,

I have been using Aprils version without issue.

Others, have similar issues although not everyone.

I haven't tried upgrading to the latest version again; I will advise when I have done so.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@nicstt , Please update the latest version of power bi. I faced similar issue not having latest windows update and power bi latest version

For issues, you can check here https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Thank you for your response, I did update to June version, before posting this. It was downloaded Friday.

Version: 2.106.883.0 64-bit (June 2022)

I was hoping that would resolve it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.