Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Kasunpathirana
Resolver I
Resolver I

Possibility of Using Roles to not to display some columns in report

For an example there is an item with quantity and price and total amount.

Is it possible in Power BI to create two different roles to show the total amount to the user group1 and for the user group2 will not see the total amount only see other fields in the table or other visualizations not to show this total amount field values.

Is there a workaround to do this rather than using two reports to cater for this requirement.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Kasunpathirana,

Currently, there is no any option for configuring column level security in Power BI. Here is a similar idea shared on Power BI Ideas forum. You can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature.

In addition, as @Anonymous has mentioned above, using Unpivot option to unpivot the group1 and group2 column first, then applying the row level security may be a possible solution in your scenario. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Kasunpathirana,

Currently, there is no any option for configuring column level security in Power BI. Here is a similar idea shared on Power BI Ideas forum. You can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature.

In addition, as @Anonymous has mentioned above, using Unpivot option to unpivot the group1 and group2 column first, then applying the row level security may be a possible solution in your scenario. Smiley Happy

Regards

Thanks for the reply Smiley Happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is not possible in Power BI because Row level security is not applicable to columns.  As far as I know only unpivotting the columns and adding Row level security will prevent users to see these values.

I just saw an announcement of new tabular model features and this was in. check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNtpW7aaM-s&lipi=urn%3Ali%3Apage%3Ad_flagship3_profile_view_base_rec...

@ 03:20

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.