Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Possibilities for setting up hierarchies that look at first start / last end datetime?

Hi all,

I am trying to setup a hierachy for something like the AS TIMELINE plugin, where I visualize tasks (blocks of time) on a GANTT chart based on their start and end dates. The tasks can be clustered on two levels > 1. which machine they run on and 2. which order/process they belong to. 

I can cluster them with using a hierachy just fine if I only look at the total duration of the task, but I would like to create a graph where I drill up and down a GANTT chart. Is this possible? I would look at the earlierst start and latest end of all tasks that are executed on a machine to agregate tasks to machine level (and similarly the first start to latest end of all machines that are used to execute the order to aggregate to order level). So for example: if i have two tasks A and B, running sequentially, where A starts at 10.00 to 11.00 and B start 11.00, ends at 12.00, which both run on machine X, then I would like to visualize: 

- A gantt with one block which is a process going from 10 > 12 

- Drill down to a gant with a two tasks A (Starting at 10.00 tot 11.00) and B (starting at 11:00 tot 12:00) 

Any ideas would be helpfull, because I have searched allover and I only get articles around date hierarchies, but this is not what I am looking for. I think I need something like a custom hierachy, but then one that looks at the start /end times. 

Thanks a lot,

Bram 

3 REPLIES 3
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'm afraid it currently doesn't support drill down for Gantt Chart, I suggest you create an idea for it in Power BI forumhttps://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas.

Please also refer to the similar post:  https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Gantt-Sub-Tasks-amp-Parent/td-p/358121

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for clarifying dedmon, will do! 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,  Can you please explain with an example or screenshot.

Appreciate your Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.