Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Populating data for missing months based on previous month

Hi folks,

I have a table called “Status Report” that shows a time-stamp of each time the status of a project was changed.

Example:

sr1.JPG
I we need to show is a monthly status report – that is – what was the “Current status” of each project every month.

The challenge is that the status change date only gets populated when the status actually changes.

For example, Project A was Red in Jan 2020, and then it was changed to Yellow in Mar 2020. But that means it was still Red in Feb 2020, but that data is not populated. And then from Yellow, it went to Green in May 2020, which means it was Yellow in April 2020 as well. And then it stayed Green up until Jul 2020. Final product could be something like this (the month in which the status was changed is marked as Red for your reference, while the rest are missing months where status is based on the previous month's status):
am1990_1-1593705671099.png

I need a way to calculate that missing data so that we can show what the status was each month (not only when the status was changed)

Do you have any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Kindly refer to my below results:

2.PNG

Pbix attached.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Kindly refer to my below results:

2.PNG

Pbix attached.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.