Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Populate row with text based on the filters of a measure

Hi All,

I am trying to create a column that will populate rows based on the filters I have placed on a measure.

I hope this is actually something that can be done

So the data set I have measures prospective customers, and tracks their movements from one status to another

e.g:

CustomerUsersDate WarmDate Hot Date Dealt
A1212/3/19  
B1313/4/19  
C410/2/1915/5/19 
D512/12/1814/4/19 
E915/2/1815/19/189/1/19
F312/2/183/9/181/10/18

I have created a measure that will sum up the customer, based off of what their "status is"

e.g: 

WarmSum = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Customer]), 'Table'[Date Warm] <> BLANK(), 'Table'[Date Hot] = BLANK(), 'Table'[Date Dealt] = BLANK())

I now want a column that will put the text "Warm" into a new column, i also need this to update as the customer changes status

I need to do this as I want to put this into a Map visual which will then show me how many potential customers, by status we have.

I hope this makes sense

Thanks in advance

Edit: I have updated the example table so it makes more sense

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have managed to solve this issue

this can be done through a bunch of IF statments

Status = IF( NOT ISBLANK( 'Table'[Date Warm]) && ISBLANK ('Table [Date Hot] && ISBLANK('Table'[Date Dealt], "Warm,

IF( NOT ISBLANK('Table'[Date Hot]) && ISBLANK('Table'[Date Dealt]), " Hot"))

This then populates the column with the text value I needed

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have managed to solve this issue

this can be done through a bunch of IF statments

Status = IF( NOT ISBLANK( 'Table'[Date Warm]) && ISBLANK ('Table [Date Hot] && ISBLANK('Table'[Date Dealt], "Warm,

IF( NOT ISBLANK('Table'[Date Hot]) && ISBLANK('Table'[Date Dealt]), " Hot"))

This then populates the column with the text value I needed

cnweke
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi,

I actually don't really get what you're trying to do but I can say the following:

I don't know how much control you have over your data source but wouldn't just having 3 columns being customer, the value and status be a lot more intuitive? Status would have 3 values: warm, hot, dealt. This simplifies everything, you have less columns and you no longer have to play around will null values.

If your data isn't in this shape yet maybe you should transform it first with Power Query and then do calculations with Dax. It'll save you a ton of time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @cnweke ,

Thank you for your response,

Unfortunately the data needs to be in this format as the product is quite slow moving, so we need the ability to track how long each customer stays in each status.

I need to create this column to act as a kind of heat map for each country 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.