Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
swain Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Populate cell value to below x cells

Hello community!

I'm really new in Power BI and ran into an issue that I can't figure out. I need to add month values to the column next to the QTY to be able to see qty of certain month. The data is coming from Sharepoint list where one of the columns is "Month". 

I was thinking if it was maybe possible to populate value of month name into next 8 cells somehow, because 8 cells is always a constant? So that there is month name in one cell and next eight cells in the column have the same month name as well. 

Thanks in advance!

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthomson New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Populate cell value to below x cells

Should be able to do this in a couple of steps - first I'd replace anything that says other with a null, and then you should be able to use Table.FillDown to get the result you want

2 REPLIES 2
jthomson New Contributor
New Contributor

Should be able to do this in a couple of steps - first I'd replace anything that says other with a null, and then you should be able to use Table.FillDown to get the result you want

swain Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I can't belive it was simple as that. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 266 members 2,856 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: