Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Popping bars in Bar graph based on Filter selection

Hi Experts,

I am working on a report which includes HospitalsID, Performance Indicators for each hospital, Measure (how indicator if performing), Statewide Average (for each indicator)

TestData.png

The report is a Line and bar graph, which has 

X axis - ReportingDate

Y Axis - Measure

We have a filter for the IndicatorName selection and a line graph intially on top of Bar which will show each Indicator's statewide average for that  reporting period. I have duplicated HospitalID  filter twice as we want to compare the results for two hospitals. 

Power BI R&D.png

On filter selection for Hospital ID 1 , the first Bar should appear, and when we select HospitalID 2 in the second filter, second bar should appear. If the value in both filters is 'ALL' , then no bar should be visible.

I did not find the option to attach the file. So, i have captured screenshots of Sample Data and Expected output.

Please advise, how can we get this visual created in Power BI. Really in need and would appreciate your help.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

You may take a look at the following post.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/When-no-values-selected-in-a-multi-item-slicer-show-nothing-in-a/td-p/399223

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sam for your reply.

I have gone through the shared link.

Here the requirements are little different. I want a LINE should always appear showing the Statewide Average. And then we make multiple selection in the HospitalID filter (Kindle refer to the image in the Original post) then bars (based on number of selections made)should appear representing that Hospital IDs.

So the final visual should be a Combo chart, which have a Line(always there) and Bars which represents Hospital ID ,selected in the multiselect filter. 

Please advise.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.