Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Png file as background in PBI Desktop resolve in Error "Part URI is not valid..."

When I add a background (png) to my PBI report in PBI Desktop I am not able to save the file.

I get the error "Part URI is not valid per rules refined in the Open Packaging Convention specification".

After I close the error window, I get the following error message when I try saving the pbix-file: "Unable to Save Document -  'C:....... .pbix' is not a valid file path"

How to get around this error?

The png file is created from ppt and includes a logo and two lines.

I am using the neweste PBI version (released in November 2016).

Accepted Solutions

Re: Png file as background in PBI Desktop resolve in Error "Part URI is not valid..."

I figured out the png-file format in some way was not supported at the clients systems.

Png-files had some restricted use. I tried to create another png file at my locale computer. This file worked.

The png-file was "corruped" so to say.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

Re: Png file as background in PBI Desktop resolve in Error "Part URI is not valid..."

Something not quite right.I never had a problem putting png images in the PBI Desktop. Could you please 

share your sample file with png image if possible.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

I figured out the png-file format in some way was not supported at the clients systems.

Png-files had some restricted use. I tried to create another png file at my locale computer. This file worked.

The png-file was "corruped" so to say.

Super User

Good to hear that it solved.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.