Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cy95

Plotting weekly markers on a daily chart

Hello, I just want to enquire if it is possible to put markers on weeks instead of days for a daily graph?

For example, right now the markers can only be set based on the x-axis being either weekly or daily. I want to be able to set weekly markers, while the x-axis is daily. Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

You could do that with the Charticulator Visual. You could add lines and markers, and then add a measure to conditionally show the markers on the start or end of the week.

(15) Austin Power BI User Group - Charticulator 101 - YouTube

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

You could do that with the Charticulator Visual. You could add lines and markers, and then add a measure to conditionally show the markers on the start or end of the week.

(15) Austin Power BI User Group - Charticulator 101 - YouTube

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Cy95 , Not very clear. But you can have both date and week on axis (sort on axis ) and do concatenate label off check

Concatenate Label off : https://youtu.be/QgI0vIGIOOk

Concat Label Off.pngConcat2.png

@amitchandak thanks for the response! But unfortunately, the problem I am facing is more of the markers, as the markers can only be set either daily or weekly. I'm just wondering if I am able to customise the markers to show the start of the week in a daily scale. So instead of having a marker every day, I want a marker that appears once every 7 days.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.