Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Stuartm1983
Helper III
Helper III

Plotting negative values on the map visualisation

Hi,

I am trying to plot values on the standard map using a range of negative values to positive and intending the bubbles to increase in size.

However the map seems to plot the bubbles according to the absolute value. The negatives are given the same size as the corresponding positive values.

Is there a simple solution to this?

Thanks,

S

3 REPLIES 3
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Stuartm1983 

Based on my research, the size of bubbles is based on the aggregate value of the current city.

For example:

5.JPG

New York is 30, and Washington is -30, but they are not same size of bubble.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lin @v-lili6-msft ,

Coping your example it works. I think it is due to us needing to explicitly change a numeric\character field to an integer or decimal number.

The only issue is that zeros get treated as missing:

i.e. - value v  bubble size

15 small

0     missing

30  large

I understand how to work round this (changing 0 to 0.00001) but it seems like a flaw with how the the bubbles operate on the map.

hi, @Stuartm1983 

Yes, 0 value won't show on map visual,  For your case, I would suggest you create a measure as this 

Measure = IF( SUM('Table'[Value])<>0,SUM('Table'[Value]),0.0000001)

Then drag this measure into map visual instead of drag field directly.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.