Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kest
Frequent Visitor

Plotting multiple series in a line chart

Hey guys

I'm trying to visualize two lines in a chart.

Line 1 is followers of our first social media account, while line 2 should represent our other account. You see both variables under Fields.

I have daily values for each variable, starting March 1 2017 to April 1 2017.

I know how I can display one line (drag Followers to Values, Date to Axis and Profiles to Legend) but I can't figure out how to add in the second line in the same chart.

forum-post.png

How do I go about that?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Actually I misspoke you will want "Append Queries". Go to the query editor and you will find the "Append Queries" on the Home tab on the far right:

merge.PNG

You will be asked which tables you want to append (one to the other, assuming they have the same columns).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dedelman_clng
Community Champion
Community Champion

Add a column to each of the tables indicating while "follow" set it comes from, then merge the tables.  Using the merged tables "Legend" would be the follow identifier (possible that this is already in the Profile ID column? - if so then you can merge the tables as is).

Hope this helps

David

Thanks for your reply, David.

I masked the confidential parts of the data so here we go with what I have right now:

screen3.png

Followers (Z) is my value, Date is my axis and profiles is my legend.

Both Z and X are linked to profiles which is the legend, so this could serve as the identifier.

How can I now merge the tables and display Followers x?

I'm sorry, I have never merged tables in Power BI before.

Best,

Kevin

Actually I misspoke you will want "Append Queries". Go to the query editor and you will find the "Append Queries" on the Home tab on the far right:

merge.PNG

You will be asked which tables you want to append (one to the other, assuming they have the same columns).

You are my personal hero, Sir.

solution.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.