cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heyheyhey Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Plotting dates on a line chart - i.e. no aggregation

Hello,

We have an existing report in SSRS that plots a Finish Date (Y-Axis) every fortnight (X-Axis) for a series of tasks, with 'time' as a diagonal grey line. The idea is to show how much (if at all) the Finish Dates slip every fortnight. Is this possible to recreate in Power BI? (ignore the different types of diamonds etc. on the lines)

Many thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Microsoft v-yulgu-msft
Microsoft

Re: Plotting dates on a line chart - i.e. no aggregation

Hi @heyheyhey,

In PowerBI, the columns added to Y-axis will automatically be aggregated. Y-axis only supports numerical values. So, I think we cannot display finish dates on Y-axis in a line chart as in SSRS. 

If possible, please post some sample data and tell me how to design the line chart above so that I can test if there exists any workaround to achieve that. 

Thanks,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event #3 – Ask Arun Anything

Join us in the third Triple A event!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're celebrating the start of the New Super User season with our first ever Super User 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

January 2020 Community Highlights

January 2020 Community Highlights

Make sure you didn't miss any of the things that happened in the community in January!

Power BI Desktop Update - February 2020

Power BI Desktop Update - February 2020

We are super excited for our update this month, as we are releasing two of our top community requests!

Top Solution Authors