Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Plot moving average on every day of year

I have a table with several columns. One column is the date. Another column is the plant. Another column is the daily production. I want to plot the 10-day moving average of the daily production for a specific plant that the user can select, factoring in zero daily production for days when the plant did not produce. If the plant did not produce on a particular day, there is no record of production (data will not appear with zeros in my data set). I want the horizontal axis of my chart to show me all the days of the year. What is a good way to achieve this goal?

My attempt was to create a measure

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(production,DATESINPERIOD(dates,LASTDATE(dates)),-10,DAY))/10

That seems to work on the days when the plant produced something, but it only returns values on the days when the plant produced , whereas I want the measure to be calculated on every single day, factoring in zeros for days when there are no records of production for the plant. I have tried changing continuous/categorical x-axis but that does not fix it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

FYI, I don't understand the logic of creating the same post 3 times with different titles...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

FYI, I don't understand the logic of creating the same post 3 times with different titles...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologies, it was totally unintended. I had trouble receiving the email verification email (due to email filters of my employer) when I first signed up and I uploaded the post three times by mistake (with different titles unintendedly)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.