cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ric Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Plot moving average on every day of year

I have a table with several columns. One column is the date. Another column is the plant. Another column is the daily production. I want to plot the 10-day moving average of the daily production for a specific plant that the user can select, factoring in zero daily production for days when the plant did not produce. If the plant did not produce on a particular day, there is no record of production (data will not appear with zeros in my data set). I want the horizontal axis of my chart to show me all the days of the year. What is a good way to achieve this goal?

My attempt was to create a measure

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(production,DATESINPERIOD(dates,LASTDATE(dates)),-10,DAY))/10

That seems to work on the days when the plant produced something, but it only returns values on the days when the plant produced , whereas I want the measure to be calculated on every single day, factoring in zeros for days when there are no records of production for the plant. I have tried changing continuous/categorical x-axis but that does not fix it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Plot moving average on every day of year

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

FYI, I don't understand the logic of creating the same post 3 times with different titles...

I have book! Learn Power BI from Packt

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

FYI, I don't understand the logic of creating the same post 3 times with different titles...

I have book! Learn Power BI from Packt

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

ric Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Apologies, it was totally unintended. I had trouble receiving the email verification email (due to email filters of my employer) when I first signed up and I uploaded the post three times by mistake (with different titles unintendedly)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 6 members 1,495 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: