Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Plot moving average on every day of year

I have a table with several columns. One column is the date. Another column is the plant. Another column is the daily production. I want to plot the 10-day moving average of the daily production for a specific plant that the user can select, factoring in zero daily production for days when the plant did not produce. If the plant did not produce on a particular day, there is no record of production (data will not appear with zeros in my data set). I want the horizontal axis of my chart to show me all the days of the year. What is a good way to achieve this goal?

My attempt was to create a measure

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(production,DATESINPERIOD(dates,LASTDATE(dates)),-10,DAY))/10

That seems to work on the days when the plant produced something, but it only returns values on the days when the plant produced , whereas I want the measure to be calculated on every single day, factoring in zeros for days when there are no records of production for the plant. I have tried changing continuous/categorical x-axis but that does not fix it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

FYI, I don't understand the logic of creating the same post 3 times with different titles...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

FYI, I don't understand the logic of creating the same post 3 times with different titles...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologies, it was totally unintended. I had trouble receiving the email verification email (due to email filters of my employer) when I first signed up and I uploaded the post three times by mistake (with different titles unintendedly)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.