Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fingalbrad
Helper I
Helper I

Plot a measure that is based on a parameter or create a dynamic calculated column

HI

I have a paramater which sets a certain threshold value. This then looks at each row of my data and will estimate a date that particular row will meet that threshold. I have done it with a measure. I now have a table like this

120/10/2022
220/10/2022
326/10/2022
425/12/2022
527/9/2023

What I want to be able to do is plot the counts of dates as a bar chart. Therefore count how many rows match that date and have the date as the x axis. I expect the visual will change when i change the threshold slicer.

Is this possible?

3 REPLIES 3
Shaurya
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @fingalbrad,

Use summarize to count the number of times a date appears in your result table:

Count Table = SUMMARIZE('Result','Result'[Date],"Count",COUNT('Result'[ID]))

Create the join between the dates in this table and Date table and use the Count column in the Y-Axis.

Works for you? Mark this post as a solution if it does!
Consider taking a look at my blog: How to Export Telemetry Data from Azure IoT Central into Power BI

This doesnt work sorry. What I should probably have explained better is this is the first table

its called JP outputs

NotificationFire Risk

I have a paramater called fire threshold. This is a slicer on my page. I have created a measure called threshold date which uses the value of fire threshold and calculates the date the fire risk will grow to that value

I then create a table visual and get

NotificationTarget Date
225/6/2023
329/7/2023

etc

What I want to do is plot the target dates and the counts of notifications that have that date. I tried your method but I can't even use the measure that I created as an input

HI @fingalbrad ,

If I understand you correctly, you want:

Slicer(get the value) -> [Target Date] (Use the value to create a measure) -> Use the measure as a bar chart's x-axis(This step does not work, x-axis only accepts entity columns as values.)

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.