Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

warrencowan
Helper I
Helper I

Please stop re-organising my data model in relationships view

I have laid out my model quite particulalrly in the relationship view in terms of organisation and positioning.

Working with large and complex models, this helps greatly with understanding the logical flow and relationships of data within my apps.

But whenever I close the pbix file and re-open it to continue working , powerbi has kindly moved, realigned and redistributed my tables all over the shop. 

Granted they're still joined in the same way, but data modelling can be like organising spaghetti, and so its infuritating to find someone's come along after you've sorted it out and tossed it all up in the air again.

Does anyone know how to stop powerbi from 're-imagining' the layout of my table relationships each time.

It certainly didn't used to do it. 

Many thnx in advance

3 REPLIES 3

This is not normal behaviour. Do you have the latest version (Nov 2017)?

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

I havent matt no. I'm one behind. Didnt feel the need to upgrade based on the new features but if there are stability enhancements then that would make sense.

This has been happeening for the last 2 updates.

I'll upgrade and report back. Also experience issue where the model appears fragmented. Join lines floating unconnected in space between tables anddont appear connected. They are though, and will reconnect if I can find and select one of the joined tables and move it. Then the join line will reconnect. Feels like a graphics thing maybe.

Am running pbi on win 10 on a surface book.

I suggest you update - you wont get support if you are on an old version (for good reason).  Note there is a new version due any day now.  If it still happens, then log an issue here and explain the steps to reproduce the issue.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues 

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.