Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please help me on ctreating a dax

Hi,

I need to implement the below logic:

If (LW_RECEIVE_END_DATE_TIME is not NULL) and (LW_RECEIVE_START_DATE_TIME is not NULL) and (MESSAGE_ERROR_STEP not Like "%RECEIV%" or "%SPLIT%" or "%MULTI%" ) then AVG (LW_RECEIVE_END_DATE_TIME - LW_RECEIVE_START_DATE_TIME)

and I have created the below 3 columns for this:

Recv Split Diff = DATEDIFF('Data'[LW_RECEIVE_START_DATE_TIME],'Data'[LW_RECEIVE_END_DATE_TIME], SECOND)
Recv Split Avg = Calculate(average('Data'[Recv Split Diff]),
Filter(Data,
'Data'[LW_RECEIVE_END_DATE_TIME] <> blank() && 'Data'[LW_RECEIVE_START_DATE_TIME] <> blank() && (
SEARCH("*RECEIV*", 'Data'[MESSAGE_ERROR_STEP],1,0)=1 || search("*SPLIT*", 'Data'[MESSAGE_ERROR_STEP],1,0)=1 || search("*MULTI*", 'Data'[MESSAGE_ERROR_STEP],1,0)=1
)
)
)
Recv Split Format =
var DAXDay = INT(Data[Recv Split Avg]/(24*60*60))
var DAXHours = MOD(INT(Data[Recv Split Avg]/(60*60)),24)
var DAXMin = MOD(INT(Data[Recv Split Avg]/60),60)
var DAXSec = MOD(Data[Recv Split Avg],60)
return
FORMAT(DAXHours,"#00")&":"&FORMAT(DAXMin,"#00")&":"&FORMAT(DAXSec,"#00")

But I think the below filter condition is not working for me:

Filter(Data,
'Data'[LW_RECEIVE_END_DATE_TIME] <> blank() && 'Data'[LW_RECEIVE_START_DATE_TIME] <> blank() && (
SEARCH("*RECEIV*", 'Data'[MESSAGE_ERROR_STEP],1,0)=1 || search("*SPLIT*", 'Data'[MESSAGE_ERROR_STEP],1,0)=1 || search("*MULTI*", 'Data'[MESSAGE_ERROR_STEP],1,0)=1
)
)

Please help me on this.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous -

I think you need a "Not" before this:

NOT (
)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am getting average time values for message error step where it has value :'SPLIT', so i think my condition is not working:

Recv.PNG

My condition is:

If (LW_RECEIVE_END_DATE_TIME is not NULL) and (LW_RECEIVE_START_DATE_TIME is not NULL) and (MESSAGE_ERROR_STEP not Like "%RECEIV%" or "%SPLIT%" or "%MULTI%" ) then I need to calculate the average of time value.

Even when LW_RECEIVE_END_DATE_TIME is null, i ma getting average time value, so can i correct the filter condition here?

Even if

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
Can anyone help me for this?
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Did you try with the NOT?

Also, I would test the conditions to make sure they're actually blank, with separate calculated columns. e.g.:

Test End Blank = ISBLANK(LW_RECEIVE_END_DATE_TIME)

I also may not be understanding the requirement exactly. If you could post your pbix or a spreadsheet with your desired results, that could with testing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.