cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsandip59 Member

Please help me for creating a DAX expression.

hi,

I need to implement the below logic in power bi in DAX:

If (JMS_DELIVERED_DATE_TIME is not NULL) and (FIRST_TOUCH_DATE_TIME is not NULL) and (LW_RECEIVE_START_DATE_TIME  is not NULL ) then AVG (JMS_DELIVERED_DATE_TIME  - FIRST_TOUCH_DATE_TIME )

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
edhans Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Please help me for creating a DAX expression.

@dsandip59 wrote:

hi,

If (JMS_DELIVERED_DATE_TIME is not NULL) and (FIRST_TOUCH_DATE_TIME is not NULL) and (LW_RECEIVE_START_DATE_TIME  is not NULL ) then AVG (JMS_DELIVERED_DATE_TIME  - FIRST_TOUCH_DATE_TIME )

You would use the following syntax:

MeasureName =
IF (
    MAX ( 'Table'[Field1] ) <> ""
        && MAX ( 'Table'[Field2] ) <> ""
        && MAX ( 'Table'[Field3] ) <> "",
    TrueCondition,
    FalseCondition
)

Comparing to "" will test for a null field. You could also use ISBLANK(). You need the MAX function to tease out the scalar value for the record as just referring to the field will return the entire column, and IF() cannot handle that.

Use the && operator to act as the AND, and you can use as many as you like. Using the AND() function limits you to two.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
edhans Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Please help me for creating a DAX expression.

@dsandip59 wrote:

hi,

You would use the following syntax:

MeasureName =
IF (
    MAX ( 'Table'[Field1] ) <> ""
        && MAX ( 'Table'[Field2] ) <> ""
        && MAX ( 'Table'[Field3] ) <> "",
    TrueCondition,
    FalseCondition
)

Comparing to "" will test for a null field. You could also use ISBLANK(). You need the MAX function to tease out the scalar value for the record as just referring to the field will return the entire column, and IF() cannot handle that.

Use the && operator to act as the AND, and you can use as many as you like. Using the AND() function limits you to two.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Topics Started Badges Coming

New Topics Started Badges Coming

We're releasing new versions of the badge that everyone's talking about. ;) Check your inbox for notifications.

MBAS 2020

Save the new date (and location)!

Our business applications community is growing—so we needed a different venue, resulting in a new date and location. See you there!

Difinity Conference

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)