Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please help me add some filters to some functions

Hello, 

there are 3 companies and a lot of customers. I would like to see Customers that are not reached by Each company and count numbers etc. . .  this is the table I have. 

CustomerNameCompanyName
AAAA
AAAB
BBBC
CCCA
CCCB
CCCC
DDDA
DDDC
EEEB

the result I want to see is: The name of the customer list that reached by all 3 companies. and also by 2 companies or 1. without using  Filter Pane.  (or maybe also not using Slicer (If possible.))

These are the queries that @amitchandak  (thanks to @amitchandak ) has written it for me. they are working great. but I would like to add some filters to it. but I am having a hard time figuring out how. 

This is the original link of how these functions came out for those who are interested: Click here

1. not sold to customers, this will give a table, can be used in a measure -all companies with the customers that they are not covering. How can I add a filter to this? for example, I would like to exclude the company "2" from here. to show only not covered customers by company"1" and company"2" 
new Table = except(crossjoin(distinct(Table[CustomerName]),distinct(Table[CompanyName])), Table)

2. The number of customers reached by all 3 companies. (How can I add an additional filter to it? for example excluding company"2")
Measure = countx(filter(summarize(Table, Table[CustomerName] ,"_1", distinctCOUNT(Table[CompanyName]) ,"_2", calculate(distinctCOUNT(Table[CompanyName]), all(Table))),[_1]=[_2]),[CustomerName])

3. I would like to show a list of all CustomerNames visited by all Companies except Company"C"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous 
I don't see need of using except() function or if I misunderstood your requirement, try:

NewTable3 = CALCULATETABLE(DISTINCT('Table'[CustomerName]),FILTER('Table','Table'[CompanyName]<>"A" && 'Table'[CompanyName]<>"B"))

If not work, Please show your expected output table of the sample. 

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , first of all as all is not used in most of the , they should respond to filter

First one you can add calculatetable

new Table = except(crossjoin(distinct(calculatetable(Table[CustomerName], filter(Table,Table[] =<Condition>)) ),distinct(calculatetable(Table[CustomerName], filter(Table,Table[] =<Condition>))),calculatetable(Table, filter(Table,<condition>))

in the second in summarize you can use filter

summarize(filter(Table, <condition>

for  3rd one one you can have filter Table[CompanyName] <>"C"

Also, refer

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/from-sql-to-dax-joining-tables/

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much, Sir @amitchandak ! 

I got 2nd and 3rd one. I also will read that link as soon as possible. 

Could you please help me with the first function. I tried to move brackets quite a lot. but still having error. 

Capture.PNG 

this is my pbix file 

Again. thank you very much, sir

@Anonymous , cross join need renaming. No same column name, Try select column

Table3 = except(crossjoin(
    distinct(
        SELECTCOLUMNS(filter('Table','Table'[CompanyName] <>"C"),"CompanyName",'Table'[CompanyName])),
    distinct(
        SELECTCOLUMNS( filter('Table','Table'[CompanyName] <>"C"),"CustomerName",'Table'[CustomerName]))),
        calculatetable('Table', filter('Table','Table'[CompanyName]<>"C")))
Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak  . 

It is still giving me an error.
Could you please take a look at my pbix file? the table I am working on is called: "table3". 

this is the file link!  

@Anonymous 
I don't see need of using except() function or if I misunderstood your requirement, try:

NewTable3 = CALCULATETABLE(DISTINCT('Table'[CustomerName]),FILTER('Table','Table'[CompanyName]<>"A" && 'Table'[CompanyName]<>"B"))

If not work, Please show your expected output table of the sample. 

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

this is working perfectly. this is exactly what I was looking for. thanks a lot! 

Have a good day, Sir! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.