Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

huguest
Advocate II
Advocate II

Please apply or discard the pending query changes and then try again

Hello,

I am trying to refresh a single query form my report (right click -> Refresh Data from the Fields pane) but I am getting a message saying "Pending changes - Please apply or discard the pending query changes and then try again.".  If I Apply Changes, all of my loaded queries refreshs at once and this is not what I want.

It seems that I started getting this message after I updated to the latest version of Power BI desktop last week.  

Any idea how I can "bypass" that, i.e. refresh my queries one at a time?

Thanks in advance...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @huguest,

Above message is prompted when there existing any pending change you made in Query Editor.

1.PNG

It is not available to bypass this messgae. To avoid it, please locate to Query Editor mode, check the changes you made, and apply these changes. Back to data view, you can refresh specific tables.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
aribanMSFT
Employee
Employee

This is extremely inconvenient and disgusting - this whole pending changes BS

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @huguest,

Above message is prompted when there existing any pending change you made in Query Editor.

1.PNG

It is not available to bypass this messgae. To avoid it, please locate to Query Editor mode, check the changes you made, and apply these changes. Back to data view, you can refresh specific tables.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Any suggestions on if you didn't make any changes? I just loaded in a template file and I get this message right away to either apply or discard and I'm stuck. When I click Apply, it tries to load ALL my data at once (several gb worth) and I get a memory error eventually. If I click Discard, nothing happens. Two of my tables are loaded from Excel files whose path I knew was likely invalid, so I did go in and update the path, but it did not help the situation. 

Can you elaborate on "please locate to Query Editor mode"?  I have a query I created that is failing. But since I created it, it does not show up in the list. How do i get to it and fix it without discarding it?

Thanks,

Myles

Thank you @v-yulgu-msft.  However, this is very unfortunate.  Is it a "new" feature?  I have changes that impact mtiple queries and it will really complicate my work if I have to refresh all queries at once!  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.