Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Please apply or discard the pending query changes and then try again

Hello,

I am trying to refresh a single query form my report (right click -> Refresh Data from the Fields pane) but I am getting a message saying "Pending changes - Please apply or discard the pending query changes and then try again.".  If I Apply Changes, all of my loaded queries refreshs at once and this is not what I want.

It seems that I started getting this message after I updated to the latest version of Power BI desktop last week.  

Any idea how I can "bypass" that, i.e. refresh my queries one at a time?

Thanks in advance...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Please apply or discard the pending query changes and then try again

Hi @huguest,

Above message is prompted when there existing any pending change you made in Query Editor.

1.PNG

It is not available to bypass this messgae. To avoid it, please locate to Query Editor mode, check the changes you made, and apply these changes. Back to data view, you can refresh specific tables.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @huguest,

Above message is prompted when there existing any pending change you made in Query Editor.

1.PNG

It is not available to bypass this messgae. To avoid it, please locate to Query Editor mode, check the changes you made, and apply these changes. Back to data view, you can refresh specific tables.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Thank you @v-yulgu-msft.  However, this is very unfortunate.  Is it a "new" feature?  I have changes that impact mtiple queries and it will really complicate my work if I have to refresh all queries at once!  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super Users of the Quarter - Q2 2020

Super Users of the Quarter - Q2 2020

Who are our Super User Superstars? Who made it to the top of the leaderboards? Get the answers!

June 2020 Community Highlights

June 2020 Community Highlights

Featured community members, changes to the Community, and more! Read up on recent Power BI community news.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors