Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CJ1608
Frequent Visitor

Please Close and Restart Power BI Desktop

error.png

This bug has been around for a few months now. I reported it with 'send a frown' (twice) but it's still persisting.

If I remember rightly it coincided with the use of 'Quick Measures' when they were first released. However I've recently found that using TREATAS({}) has triggered it too.

One of my desktop files is completely stuck in this state and I began having the same problem in another after having a break waiting for the June update (in the hope there was a fix...) as mentioned when trying to use TREATAS.

The entire model seems to become inaccessable; you can't view any of the tables (they all become empty), refreshing brings back a server connection error and you can't view any of the measure/calculated column formulas.

Even DAX Studio doesn't detect a model schema and you cannot connect this way at all.

I'm afraid the issue seems to be persisting and as I don't know what's causing it I can't avoid/work around it!

It's causing a lot of disruption to our development and management aren't entirely convinced to begin with.

Surely can't be the only person to have experienced this?

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @CJ1608

I have seen another post of yours. Could you please check these thing below?

1. Can you open Power BI with the shortcut? ( only open the software without any PBIX file)

2. If item 1 is OK, could you create a simple model? (just get data from a xlsx workbook without any measure or other formulas)

3. Could you have another computer to test the file that can't work?

According to the error message cited below, it seems something is wrong with your computer. Could you please check your network status and IP protocol? Maybe also the firewall.

"Error Message:
The connection is not open."

"System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:65378"

Please reference here: http://biinsight.com/connect-to-power-bi-desktop-model-from-excel-and-ssms/#more-3738

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

1&2) I've started a new piece of work yesterday; no problems building anything so far

3) I said in a previous post i had the same issue on another machine

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors