Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Play a sound alarm in a report

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to reporting and Power BI.

I'm using M-Files as a business platform. In M-Files I receive log reports from servers that are being monitored. I'm exporting these log reports into a SQL DB.

I want to build a report/dasboard, where are seen statuses of the servers. For that part I have some ideas. What I want to do is to play sound alarm, if a server is down/not active. So, is it possible to play a sound (wav or any other sound format) in Power BI, based on a value in a table or a card?

Best, Uros

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

This is not possible natively. The closest we've seen is the Data Sonification example by David Eldersveld. Here's the accompanying blog post.

Outside of that, it's possible with the HTML Viewer custom visual in the service (which might be okay for your requirements). Again, David has a blog post on how to do this with some further links to other examples, such as Power BI "See 'n Say".

Hopefully this gives you some ideas on how you might be able to achieve.

Good luck!

Daniel

If my post solves your challenge, then please consider accepting as a solution to help other forum members find the answer more quickly 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

This is not possible natively. The closest we've seen is the Data Sonification example by David Eldersveld. Here's the accompanying blog post.

Outside of that, it's possible with the HTML Viewer custom visual in the service (which might be okay for your requirements). Again, David has a blog post on how to do this with some further links to other examples, such as Power BI "See 'n Say".

Hopefully this gives you some ideas on how you might be able to achieve.

Good luck!

Daniel

If my post solves your challenge, then please consider accepting as a solution to help other forum members find the answer more quickly 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @dm-p 

thx a lot. I believe this could be the right direction 🙂

Best, Uros

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.