Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

YasminYas
Helper I
Helper I

Pivoting

Sample data attached

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rki3lhmh6augvqk/Sample%20data.xls?dl=0

INPUT data Has same data for each user except Gruoup name so I need to show each row for each row with all the group associated with each user..I have tried pivoting ..But its not worked for meINPUT data Has same data for each user except Gruoup name so I need to show each row for each row with all the group associated with each user..I have tried pivoting ..But its not worked for meOutput should be like aboveOutput should be like above

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Usually it's the other way around ( want to get the data into rows..) so this was good challenge.  

Everything was down in PQ, so you will be able to walk through the applied steps and see what is happening.  There is 1 Table, 2 Lists and 3 functions. There is a tab in the excel file called  "Column Names".  It has the original column names and the new column names. Since you wanted theer to be new rows, the Ans columns all cannot be 1 and two ( else they would append together) so I changed the column names to be able to input a number.  Both of those tables in excel ( old column names and the new column names) are loaded as lists into PQ with the appropriate name.

But from there all the steps are in the FinalTable. Way to much going there to type all out here. This will not be the most rebust thing (for instance fnFillDown and fnFillUp are hard-coded with column names) but this took a little bit of time and didnt want to take all the fun for myself  🙂

Looks like it is pretty spot on with your desired output:

Final Table Comp.png

Here's the excel file:

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AoQIGRpzoxRHgbUhTG24JBBjirVNfw

-Nick

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wondering if this helped you out?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Usually it's the other way around ( want to get the data into rows..) so this was good challenge.  

Everything was down in PQ, so you will be able to walk through the applied steps and see what is happening.  There is 1 Table, 2 Lists and 3 functions. There is a tab in the excel file called  "Column Names".  It has the original column names and the new column names. Since you wanted theer to be new rows, the Ans columns all cannot be 1 and two ( else they would append together) so I changed the column names to be able to input a number.  Both of those tables in excel ( old column names and the new column names) are loaded as lists into PQ with the appropriate name.

But from there all the steps are in the FinalTable. Way to much going there to type all out here. This will not be the most rebust thing (for instance fnFillDown and fnFillUp are hard-coded with column names) but this took a little bit of time and didnt want to take all the fun for myself  🙂

Looks like it is pretty spot on with your desired output:

Final Table Comp.png

Here's the excel file:

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AoQIGRpzoxRHgbUhTG24JBBjirVNfw

-Nick

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.