Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kochsalz23
Frequent Visitor

Pivoted columns in table visual

Hello,

In my ticket data, I have unpivoted seperate "creation time" and "last change time" columns to combine those facts to a single timeline, and it has served me perfectly in the rest of my report.

However, in a table visual I would like to have these back as individual columns and I don't see a way of doing it that does not involve creating a copy of my table.

pivotting.png

What would be the most efficient way of doing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kochsalz23 ,

In fact, you can also achieve pivot table view on matrix without 'unpivot' your original table fields.
You can consider to extract your attribute(your date category) to a new table and use it on matrix column field, then you can add measures to use the current row label and correspond column category value to lookup original table records and return the corresponding value. (matrix design: original table fields to row, new table attribute to column, measure to value)
In addition, you can also consider to backup the original table to keep two data structure for correspondence analysis.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kochsalz23 ,

In fact, you can also achieve pivot table view on matrix without 'unpivot' your original table fields.
You can consider to extract your attribute(your date category) to a new table and use it on matrix column field, then you can add measures to use the current row label and correspond column category value to lookup original table records and return the corresponding value. (matrix design: original table fields to row, new table attribute to column, measure to value)
In addition, you can also consider to backup the original table to keep two data structure for correspondence analysis.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

In Matrix visual, toy can have dateType in column and get them as pivoted

Thank you for the response! This would work if I only wanted to display both dates, but things get messy when trying to add the rest of the information. Additonally, I lose the ability to sort by descending/ascending dates the way I can freely do it in a regular table. Is there no way to do it without having to resort to the matrix table?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.