Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

audi357
Frequent Visitor

Pivot

I have a table it has a key field that has duplicate numbers which I need to piviot each key field into 1 row.   I have tried pivot and unpivot but nothing is seeming to work, can you assist?

sample.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @audi357

You may use 'Merge Queries' in query editor to get the table. Update the sample file for your reference. Please let me know if it helps you.

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This solution does work! However I have a small issues I have multiple "NC_SEQ" it can be up to 50 (1-50), This solution accounts for up to two (1-2) "NC_SEQ". Is there and easy adjustment for this query?

Hi @audi357

Add some rows and steps for sample data. You may check if it matches your request. Here is the sample file.

Regards,

Cherie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The first sample only 1  unique "key" which is correct.  This sample would not give the desired results.  

In the first sample I added multiple steps  "Merge3 (nc_seq = 3), merge4 (nc_seq=4), merge5 (nc_seq=5)" then Merged them all together adding one at a time.  This does work.  However I will need to create a total of 50 steps.  Is there a better solution?  

Hi,

Share the link from where i can download your PBI file.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Hi @audi357

I'm afraid i cannot reproduce your scenario. Maybe you need change the filter rows with other conditon such as 'dose not equal'.

1.png

Regards,

Cherie 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.