Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JonathanJohns
Helper III
Helper III

Pivot Chart as in Excel

Good afternoon,

I'm trying to make a Pivot Chart like this one with Power BI :

Sans titre.png

I tried with Power BI but I've got this king of graphic :

Sans titre.1png.png

So I have the date and the number at the same place but I don't arrive to organize my X axis to get the same X axis as the one in Excel. 

I would like to get a graph like that :

image.png

I have the two fields into the X axis : the date and the number. 

Do you know how to make that please ? 

Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
danextian
Super User
Super User

date number.png

Hi @JonathanJohns,

If you want to achieve in Power BI similar to the screenshot below, follow this:

• In Fields pane -> Axis, place you Date first then Number below that.
  • From the upper left of your column chart, click the icon that says Expand All Down One Level in the Hierarchy until your desired depth of hierarchy is shown.
  • In Formatting Pane -> X-Axis,
    • change Type to Categorical
    • Turn off Concatenate labels
  • And then sort the columns by value then Sort by Date Number (or whatever fields  you have in X axis). Turning off label concatenation does not take effect until columns are sorty by a value first then sorty by category (it's probably a bug).

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
danextian
Super User
Super User

date number.png

Hi @JonathanJohns,

If you want to achieve in Power BI similar to the screenshot below, follow this:

• In Fields pane -> Axis, place you Date first then Number below that.
  • From the upper left of your column chart, click the icon that says Expand All Down One Level in the Hierarchy until your desired depth of hierarchy is shown.
  • In Formatting Pane -> X-Axis,
    • change Type to Categorical
    • Turn off Concatenate labels
  • And then sort the columns by value then Sort by Date Number (or whatever fields  you have in X axis). Turning off label concatenation does not take effect until columns are sorty by a value first then sorty by category (it's probably a bug).

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

This was super helpful. How can you order the totals from largest to smallest? I need to do this with my data. It is structured similar to the above.

Thank you for your answers. The way how you make @danextian works well with my data !

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @JonathanJohns

By my test, your expected output may be not supported in Power BI currently.

In Power BI, we could drag two column in X axis, but it will show like hierarchy. You need to click the Drill Down icon to show the values.

We could click the icon in red to get the output below. You could have a try if it could be a workaround.

Capture4.PNG

In addition, you could post your new idea in Power BI idea Forum and add your comments there to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.