Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Certius
Regular Visitor

Pipeline history table

Hello everyone!

I'm a Dynamics CRM administrator and our comanpy wants to track the momevement of our pipeline.

Everyday I want powerBI to write data about our pipeline to a "History" table. Like:

Date, Open Revenue, Weighted Revenue etc.

I want to use this data for example to compare this month's pipeline against last months pipeline.

Since Dynamics CRM doesn't keep track of historic data and scheduling workflows is a hell I was thinking of using powerBI to keep track of this data.

Now to be honest, I'm quick learner but in this case I don't know where to start.

Anyone that can help to get me started?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ImkeF
Super User
Super User

There is currently no native functionality for this.

But if you're fearless as well, you can use this Powershell-script für refresh and update: https://github.com/djouallah/PowerBI_Desktop_ETL

and use task-scheduler for automated refresh 😉

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ImkeF
Super User
Super User

There is currently no native functionality for this.

But if you're fearless as well, you can use this Powershell-script für refresh and update: https://github.com/djouallah/PowerBI_Desktop_ETL

and use task-scheduler for automated refresh 😉

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.