Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jonpio
Regular Visitor

Pinned Visual Truncates X-Axis Data at Smaller Sizes?

I have a visual pinned to a dashboard.  The X-Axis is a year.week# timestamp (a string).   The data currently goes to 2018, Week 42.

When I size the visual to 2x2 tile on the dashboard, the X-Axis stops at week 40 (aka 2018.40) ... when I stretch the report to a 3x2 size tile, the X-Axis goes all the way to the expected week 42 (2018.42).   Clicking on the visual lands on the report which shows all the expected data.

Why does it crop itself like this as a visual on the dashboard?  It's not representing all the data I need to display on a dashboard.  Is there some setting or workaround? Am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi jonpio ,

Could you please share some screenshots and clarify more details about your issue?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

I have a report that I have pinned a visual for to a dashboard.  The visual appears correct if the tile is 2x3 on the dashboard.  If I size the visualization down to a 2x2 tile, the x-axis is truncated and is missing the last two data points.  In the screenshot below, the 2x2 tile ends at datapoint 2018.41 ... if you stretch the visualization to 2x3, the visualization (correctly) ends at 2018.43

If you hover over the data lines in the 2x2 tile at the very end, it still ends at datapoint 2018.41.   If you click the tile and go directly to the report from either sizes, the actual report looks correct (it ends at x-axis data point 2018.43)

Power BI Dashboard Tile Axis Cropping

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.