Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IcingOnTheCake
Helper III
Helper III

Pie chart shows values in variable colours

Hi dear helpers,

we have a Pie chart which only and always shows values (answers) to a certain survey question.

The survey question is a rating from 1 to 5.

1 is the worst. 5 the best.

so I want the Pie Chart to show 1 in dark red, 2 brighter red.... until 5 green.

This is fine, when there are answers for all values (1-5). Then I can set the data colours specifically.

But the next day, maybe only 2 of these values are there.

And then our pie chart seems to show the theme colours color1 to color2 only. Although the colors should be color4 and 5 maybe (in Ribbon >> View >> Customize >> current theme) Because I've tried to save my color setting in a theme. Although with no custom theme it did not work.

So my question: Is there any way to make the values ALWAYS have their color? Not changing.
By the way, I have the same problem with a stacked column chart.

Hope the explanation was understandable.

Thank you for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

5 REPLIES 5
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IcingOnTheCake ,

Use this tool to see if alternatives can be produced

https://powerbi.tips/tools/report-theme-generator-v3/ 

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @IcingOnTheCake ,

Are you not able to set the specific colors from Format -> Data Colors ?

You will just need to assign colors against the specific rating(Red for 1 to green for 5).

It will be better if you can you give a picture of what you have taken in legend, detail and value fields in your pie visual? Also, the expected output.

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

Thank you @Anand24 .

Sure I am able to set it. But if the data refreshes, e.g. is empty and then has data again, then the colours change.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@IcingOnTheCake , conditional formatting is not supported by pie visual.

You can try custom visual https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/apps?product=power-bi-visuals

Thank you @amitchandak 

I changed to another visual now.

And we will try Custom Visual on a longer run.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.