Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

montious

Pie chart not displaying correctly in web app

Hi there,

I am currently having issues visualising a pie chart that I have created and is functioning correctly when I upload the report into the web app.

The pie chart shows which cars were ordered and from which store they were ordered from.

Pie.png

However, once I publish it to the web app, it appears as follows :-

pie2.png

It removes the details category of model and just displays d

9 REPLIES 9
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@montious

Based on my test, the Donut and Pie chart don't show correct details in the May's release desktop, though they work in April's.
Meanwhile the report in powerbi service shows incorrectly as in the May's, no matter from which release it is published.

So that seems a bug both in May's release and Power BI service. I will report this internally, thanks for your feeback! 🙂

@montious@sornavoor@MWilliams86, thanks for reporting this issue. It can be reproduced on my side. I will report it internally and will post back once I get any updates.

@montious@sornavoor@MWilliams86, this issue is fixed now. Please have a check on it to see whether it works correctly. 

Confirmed, the issue has been rectified.

Works. Thankyou for following thru. 

MWilliams86
Employee
Employee

My chart details were working fine yesterday and then after the update today my Pie and Donut chart Details are not displaying properly. I think this is a bug in the May 2016 update. 

Have the same problem here ...  something broke on the  may update  for pie & donut chart.... Man Sad

wonga
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@montious

It looks like you have "Collection or Delivery" as your legend and "Model" as your details. Make sure this is the case in the Power BI Service when editing that specific report page on that Pie Chart.

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

Have you tried to edit the report page in the service and change it back to where it belongs? Perhaps there was just a slight hiccup in the upload process. I would switch it back and save. Then exit the report and revist it to see it if keeps the correct information.

Sometimes strange things just happen.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.