Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pie chart graying out unselected data

Hi Guys,

I'm working on a presentation and I'm trying to get my pie charts to show the categorical proportions of the selected subset of data WITHOUT the grayed out area that represents data that isn't selected. The only way I've managed to get this to work so far is by showing the values as a percent of grand total. However I'm also looking to display the actual number of items per slice, not just the percentage. As you can imagine, the whole purpose of a pie chart goes out the window when the actual representation of the data is just a small dot in center of the larger graph. I've added a couple screenshots for reference. The picture on the right would be ideal, but I want to see the actual data values as a label, as is shown in the screenshot on the left. Any and all help is greatly appreciated, thanks to everyone in advance.

pie chart example.pngpie chart example 2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

when does this grayout happen?

Does it happen when you press on a slicer item?

EDIT: You should take a look at this.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Yes. The highlighted dot in the middle of the chart represents the subset of data that is selected by a slicer. Problem is I want to see a full sized pie chart of that subset of data, while also maintaining labels that show the number of items in each slice. I believe I tried the options in that link yesterday with no luck, but I'll give it another go.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Make sure that the visual interaction of the slicer is on "filter" instead of "higlight" that should do the job.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.