Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

seedjay1
Regular Visitor

Pie chart, but showing ALL the categories (even if blank) - like for milestones achieved?

I have customers who are in any combination of 6 stages of acquisition.

I would like to see something like a pie chart that shows slices for ALL 6 stages, with colors for those stages completed, and empty background for those stages not completed. So as I click through a table of customers one by one, the colored & blank slices will vary - but the total number of slices showing will stay the same.

As I've used the PBI pie chart, the number of pie slices always changes relative to what the measure returns. I tried doing the "+0" thing to the measure used, but still don't see the "unachieved" slices.

Is there any way to achieve this with either the OEM pie chart or some other visual?

2 REPLIES 2
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@seedjay1 

If I get you correctly, you want a slicer of customers and a pie chart with 6 layers represents 6 stages, with colors for completed stages and no color for incomplete stages, which the chart should be vary corresponds to the selected customer in the slicer.

Which is partly possible, the only thing you cannot achieve is assign each layer with the specific stage, it can only show the percent of the complete stages. See example:

pie chart color.JPGpie chart slice.JPG

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@seedjay1 , Did not get it completely. Seem like you want to have a filter option in the pie chart then fill. USe interaction and change to filter : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-reports-visual-interactions

Interactions.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.