Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

vstopp
Helper I
Helper I

Pie chart and table chart not filtering as expected

I have a table visual and a pie chart visual.  When I have 4 rows in the table, the pie chart does not display values correctly.  When I select 1 row in the table, the pie chart displays correctly.  What am I doing wrong?

Here is Table with 4 Rows and Pie chart:

PowerBI_Help1_Table.PNG   PowerBI_Help1_Pie1.PNG

The Pie chart visual currently does not supply the average for the 4 columns in the table.  It should be as follows:

ED Needed:  (1%) Should be 17%

ED Preventable:  (0%) Should be 6%

PC Treatable: (12%) Should be 16%

Non Emergent: (1%) Should be 12%

When I click on an individual row, the pie displays correctly:

PowerBI_Help1_Table2.PNG  PowerBI_Help1_Pie2.PNG

What am I doing wrong?  I am using Average for the Pie Chart Values?

Also, How do I keep 0 value labels off of the pie chart?  (For example above, I really don't want ED Needed (0% to show on the Pie).  I can live with that little nuance though.

Thank you in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I finally solved the problem by embedding adding the 4 ED Acuity fields into the primary table for each row.  It works now as expected.  It must have been a wonky join, or I needed to do some calculation.  Thank you for responding.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello @vstopp

Not sure how much I can help, but first , could  you show a picture of your data tables, it could be an issue with summation, or averageing

I finally solved the problem by embedding adding the 4 ED Acuity fields into the primary table for each row.  It works now as expected.  It must have been a wonky join, or I needed to do some calculation.  Thank you for responding.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.