Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

kinseld5
Helper II
Helper II

Pie Charts not acting as filter

hi,

trying to understand why pie charts are not acting as filters, is this a limitation in the visualisation? so for example if i set up a dashboard like below, when i select PM 'a' from the chiclet slicer the 'cost' information will change in the pie chart, but it doesnt work the other way, i.e. if i select 0 in the 'cost' pie chart it doesnt update the other two chiclet slicers.

Untitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@kinseld5,

Click on the pie chart, under Format ribbon, turn on “Edit interactions”, then select “Filter” for the two chiclet slicers. This way, when you select 0 in pie chart, the two chiclet slicers will be updated.
1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Caesarul
Helper II
Helper II

Anyone found the solution for this? I have the same issue, but the solution presented is outdated. 

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@kinseld5,

Click on the pie chart, under Format ribbon, turn on “Edit interactions”, then select “Filter” for the two chiclet slicers. This way, when you select 0 in pie chart, the two chiclet slicers will be updated.
1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

thank you chotu27 and v-yuezhe-msft for your responses, v-yuezhe-msft

v-yuezhe-msftyou proposed option worked well and was easy to implement 🙂 appreciate both of your help

regards,

dave

chotu27
Post Patron
Post Patron

@kinseld5

Are all the columns in the same table?

thanks for the reply. yes all in the same table.

the table i am using is stored in the below link.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwQtIYqCEeRPdlFZTEdDVnU1NEE

@kinseld5

1.  Create a measure as

Count of cost = COUNT('testpie'[Cost])

2. take pie chart and keep and keepCost column in Details and count of cost in values

3. now select a PM in a slicer it is workingcount.PNG

@kinseld5  Did it work???

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.