Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

breadearner
Frequent Visitor

Pie Chart with Overlap

Hi everyone - is it possible to do a pie chart that shows overlap with different colors?

Let me explain what I mean:

I have a table laid out like this:

ID# | Program 1 | Program 2 | Program 3  | Program 4 | Program 5

so for example, a single person might show up in my data like this:

#777 |  No | No | No | Yes | Yes

When it's just a measure of who's in Program 1, it's easy. The problem occurs when I'm trying to show in a graph who also belongs to program 2 AND program 3, etc.

Is there a way to just show the graph with overlapping areas? I don't know of a good graph to do this with.

It seems like there should be a way to combine the columns, but I can't for the life of me find it. Ideally, it would show "Program 4&5" as the listing for the person's programs.

This is probably about as clear as mud but any help would be appreciated.

It doesn't have to be a pie chart, but I need to be able to show % of total on some type of readable graph, without having to click down 'layers' of a pie chart.

1 REPLY 1
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @breadearner

It seems you may use 'Unpivot columns' for the data. And then create measures to get the count of overlap ID (Count of program>=2). Then you may get the percent measure and use it in pie chart or treemap chart. Show a simplified sample file here. If it is not your case, please explain more about your expected output. 

1.png

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.