Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

valleyman
Helper I
Helper I

Pie Chart to Show Data Properly

I have the following data:

Screenshot 2020-07-03 at 11.58.12.png

I have then imported this into PBI but it's not allowing me to show the data how I would like. Ideally, I would like the top level of the donut to show the total number of Low, Medium and High across all communities within the location, and drill-downs to show the L, M and H for the four separate communities. Is this possible?

Of course, I could create four donut visualisations to show each community in more detail, but I am trying to use the report as a template for other locations, changing just one or two parameters to avoid over-duplication, and other locations do not have the same number of communities within them.

Any tips or ideas would be appreciated...

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlexAlberga727
Resolver II
Resolver II

@valleyman 

At first I was thinking of a sunburst visualization. Check these out and play with them a bit to see if you can get your expected result. They're an interesting visual.

However - I rearranged your table a bit and got to this point let me know if this is what you're looking for.

LMH Example.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AlexAlberga727
Resolver II
Resolver II

@valleyman 

At first I was thinking of a sunburst visualization. Check these out and play with them a bit to see if you can get your expected result. They're an interesting visual.

However - I rearranged your table a bit and got to this point let me know if this is what you're looking for.

LMH Example.png

You can download the custom visuals like Sunburst, Donut chart by ZoomChart pro Edition etc.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@valleyman , The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example.

I think you might have to unpivot the column and do it

https://radacad.com/pivot-and-unpivot-with-power-bi
Transpose : https://yodalearning.com/tutorials/power-query-helps-transposing-data/

Appreciate your Kudos.

OK, let me explain a little better. 

The chart above shows the Low, Medium and High values for each of the 'communities' within a 'location'. I have several other locations that I wish to use the same, basic pbix template for, save for altering some parameters in each. 

I would like the donut to show me, at the top level, the total number of Low, Medium and High for ALL communities combined. For the example above, that would be Low = 35, Medium = 43, and High = 6. Upon drilling down one level, for it to show me the total Low, Medium and High for each of the four communities present. So C1 = 11, 9 and 0. C2 = 9, 7 and 0. C3 = 7, 23 and 5. C4 = 8, 4 and 1.

Is THIS possible?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.