Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

highlander25361
Regular Visitor

Pie Chart split slice colours

I have a piechart created from a matrix table whuich has 4 data sources. Each source is broken down into Total users. completed test, rescheduled, excempt and Still to be tested.

What Im trying to do is for each datasource pie slice, have each segment of that slice a different colour, so that if I used a slicer and chose a specific data source, each part of that pie would be a different colour. At the moment, I can see each data source and the splits per matrix column but they are the same base colour

highlander25361_0-1673969371497.png

highlander25361_1-1673969585827.png

Is this possible out of the box?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @highlander25361 

you can refer to the following example:

e.g

Measure = IF(ISFILTERED('Table (4)'[Column1]),IF(MAX('Table (4)'[Column1])="TableA",SUM(TableA[Column2]),SUM(TableB[Column2])),SUM(TableA[Column2])+SUM(TableB[Column2]))

Output:

vxinruzhumsft_0-1674010268481.png

vxinruzhumsft_1-1674010276158.png

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @highlander25361 

you can refer to the following example:

e.g

Measure = IF(ISFILTERED('Table (4)'[Column1]),IF(MAX('Table (4)'[Column1])="TableA",SUM(TableA[Column2]),SUM(TableB[Column2])),SUM(TableA[Column2])+SUM(TableB[Column2]))

Output:

vxinruzhumsft_0-1674010268481.png

vxinruzhumsft_1-1674010276158.png

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello, I tried to recreate your suggestion in my project because I have the same situation, but in my case I want to divide by months, and I have multiple columns, I spent a lot of time but I didn't get the result. My only option is to duplicate the main PIE and change the parameters. Do you have another option using Months as a divisor?

I appreciate anye help.

dangcab

dangcab_0-1711642776123.png

TomasAndersson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi!
Not out of the box, as far as I know. You can split colors either by category or source, but there will be shared colors.

What you probably could to is to create a new table where all data sources are combined using UNION(). In that table create a new column using CONCATENATE() with Category and Data Source as input and then using that column along with the values in your pie chart. That should give you the opportunity to set distinct colors for all combinations of data source and category.

Good luck!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.