Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RichJW
Helper III
Helper III

Pie Chart Detail Labels

Hi,

I am currently using the Power BI Pie Chart visualisation to report on “numbers of risks per business unit”.

So, my pie is divided into the 5 business units, showing the larger segments of the pie for those with a greater number of risks. My “Detail labels” shows “Data value, percent of total”, therefore showing the amount of risks and % of the total.

I have been asked to change the segments to show the cost value of the risks, rather than the volume, however to retain the “Detail labels” showing the amount of risks and % of the total.

My issue is that the “Data value, percent of total” style now shows the cost value and % in the “Detail labels”, rather than the volume and % as previous.

I understand why the visualisation is doing this (as I have changed the “data value”), however I just need to display the numbers for volume and % of total, whilst having the pie split by cost value of each business unit. Is this possible?

So, I currently have: -

Legend = “Business Unit”

Details = “Business Unit”

Values = “Count of RiskId”

I changed it to: -

Legend = “Business Unit”

Details = “Business Unit”

Values = “Cost”

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@RichJW ,

No, you may try using Tooltips.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Ah, ok - tool tips won't show on an export of the data.

Many thanks for your help anyway.

Rich

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.