Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ranjani_m
Regular Visitor

Pie Chart Data

Hi Team,

With the recent upgrade, I do see that the Data labels in the Pie chart could be customized to show Percentages alongwith the Category.

Currently, my Pie chart displays Labels in Category and Percentage format, like this - "ABCD 28.06%".

I'm looking to round the Percentage (near the Category) to the nearest whole number.

Any ideas/suggestions on how we can achieve this? Is there any work around?

Thanks!

Ranjani

6 REPLIES 6
prateekraina
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Ranjani_m,

I understood your problem. You have used below setting to simply convert your values to show as percentage.
Solution1.PNG

Well, you cannot round this percentage as of now. 

I would suggest you to create a measure and calculate percentage and then round it how @vanessafvg mentioned.
Then use that measure in Values section of the Pi Chart.

Thanks !!!

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I tried various work arounds using Measuress- those codes work very well as a standalone (can use in a KPI card/Bar Graph) but once I use the Percentage measure on a Pie chart, it doesn’t work since Pie chart again does a percentage calculation automatically. Thereby, a percentage breakdown of an existing percentage happens, leading to wrong values.

Thanks!

Hi @Ranjani_m,

I think after crearting %Measure, you are choosing Percent Of Total  to be shown in Pi Chart.
Just choose Data values as Data labels to be shown. It will show your calculated Measure as breakup of PiChart.

Thanks !!!

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

cant you just remove the decimal points from your % ie. change it to 0

Capture.PNG

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

It wouldn't allow me to do that, since am trying to customize the percentage in a Pie chart and not on a specific column.

The decimal formatting (that you have in the screenshot) works/shows up only when we click on a specific column/field from the table and not on the visual.

Thanks!

Ranjani

ok well as far as i know that is where the formatting of the measure is handled, if you dont want your measure to be formatted like that, maybe create a copy of the measure without the decimals and use that in the chart?  out of curiosity is it a % measure or are you converting it to that in the pie?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.