Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Permission Power BI App

Hi Power BI Community!

I just want that everyone in my corporation can see my power bi App without entering every e-mail as permission in my workspace.

How can I do this? I have Permission entire Organisation on but it does not work.

Alternativ: How can I add groups?

Permission.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous if you have given permission to a full organization, it should work, are you getting any error?

Check my latest blog post Compare Budgeted Scenarios vs. Actuals I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

The following reasons may restrict access to the report:

• The permissions page doesn't change permission on datasets in other workspaces. You do see a warning reminding you to grant access to those datasets independently. A best practice is to contact the dataset owner before starting to build your app to ensure it is OK to give all your app users access those datasets.
  • You can have at most 100 users or groups in the access list for the app. However, you can give more than 100 users access to the app. To do so, use one or more user groups that contain all the desired users.
  • For the new workspace experience, if the user added to the app access list already has access to the app through the workspace, they will not be shown in the access list for the app.
  • The support site URL is shown in the item information card.
  • Apps have an option to allow users to share the app and the app's underlying datasets by using the share permission. For new apps, this option is off by default. We recommend turning this option off for your existing apps and updating permission on the underlying datasets. The option was enabled for existing apps because apps were initially designed to replace content packs, which had this behavior.
  • Apps can have a maximum of 200 dashboards.

About adding groups, you can refer to:

Add Office 365 Group As A Member In Power BI App Workspace

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

abdul_Kochi
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi,

Is your data source is flowing from share point. then please give read access to the list to all.  Thank you,

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous if you have given permission to a full organization, it should work, are you getting any error?

Check my latest blog post Compare Budgeted Scenarios vs. Actuals I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.