Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mark_carlisle
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Period filter with custom date range option

I want to have an option for a custom date range on a report as in the screenshot below.

Capture (1).PNG

The issue I have is if a user first selects a custom date range (UK based dates), e.g. 01/04/2018 to date (08/05/2018). and then selects a time period e.g. This Year, as in the screenshot below, the Custom Date Range filter still applys when selecting a Period.

Capture (2).PNG

What I want to happen is for the visual to only respect the Custom Date Range if Custom Range option in the Period slicer is selected or if nothing is selected in the Period slicer. I have a feeling the answer to this is going to be a no but thought I'd make sure.

I appricaitate that I can use relative date slicers and this ultimately might have to be the way I go but I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible for the end user and the Period slicer seems to be the way based off their feedback.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
5 REPLIES 5
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi

As you referred, “the visual to only respect the Custom Date Range if Custom Range option in the Period slicer is selected or if nothing is selected in the Period slicer”

Create a calculated column

Column =
IF ( [PERIOD] = "Custom Range", [date], BLANK () )

Assume the column added to the Custom Date Range slicer is named [date],

Then add this column to the Custom Date Range slicer instead.

1.png

2.png

Best Regards

Maggie

Hello Maggie,

Would you be able to attach an example .pbix file? What you suggest isn't working for me.

Thanks

Hi

Here is my pbix

Regards

Maggie

Hi Maggie,

Thanks for that. Your suggestion does not work for me. When selecting Custom Range from the Period slicer the graph visual displays data. However when selecting any of the other options the graph appears blank.

The graph show be displaying data from another table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.